Land Use Zoning Map
An Ordinance has been established in accordance with the City of Southside Place's Comprehensive Plan for the purpose of promoting and protecting the public health, safety, and general welfare of the citizens of Southside Place and the community as a whole, as well as furthering the following objectives:
- Guide and regulate the appropriate use and development of all lands, buildings, and structures.
- Provide adequate light, air, drainage, and open space.
- Promote the establishment of appropriate population densities that will contribute to the well being of persons and neighborhoods.
- Encourage the appropriate and efficient expenditure of public funds by coordinating public development with land use policies.
- Provide sufficient space in appropriate locations for a variety of residential, recreational, and commercial uses and open space, both public and private, in order to meet the needs of all citizens.
- Permit the free flow of traffic while discouraging traffic congestion or undesired traffic patterns.
- Promote a desirable visual environment through creative development techniques and good civic design and arrangement.
- Encourage coordination and optimization of the various public and private procedures and activities shaping land development.
- Provide for appropriate allocation of costs incurred for public service infrastructure associated with land use, development, and redevelopment.