Crime Safety TipsHave you ever been a victim of Identity Theft and not know who to contact? The steps provided below will assist you in mitigating this growing trend. First and foremost, if you feel as though you have been a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department.
Here are a few prevention tips:
- Never list your personal information such as your full name, date of birth, social security number, or driver's license on personal checks.
- Always check your credit card statements to make sure the transactions belong to you.
- Shred all documents containing your account numbers or other identifying information.
- When using your debit card, make sure to only allow the last 4 digits of your debit card to appear on your receipts. If the entire debit card is exposed, simply black out all the numbers other that the last four digits.
- Contact your credit bureau reporting agency and have a freeze placed on your credit. This will prevent new credit account from being created without your express consent.
- Equifax 888-548-7878
- Trans Union 800-916-8800
- Experian 800-493-1058
Seniors Scam Awareness
The senior population has recently seen an uptick in scams involving the elderly. The link below provides information on common scams and how you or a loved one can avoid becoming a victim.
Elder Scams - Senior Living
Housewatch ProgramAre you going on vacation? The Southside Place Police Department offers the Housewatch Program to watch your home while you area away. Please fill out the form below. All information is sent directly to the police department and is completely confidential. If you have any questions, please contact the police department.
No Knock ListThe City of Southside Place Allows all residents the opportunity to place their residence on the No Knock List. This allows residents who do not want commercial solicitors to come to their home unsolicited. The No Knock List is provided to all solicitors prior to obtaining a solicitors permit with the addresses that are not to be disturbed. If you wish to be placed on the No Knock List, simply contact the Police Department Dispatcher at 713-668-2341 for more information. Your address will remain on the No Knock List until you issue a written request to be removed.
Fingerprinting for Criminal History Checks
If you require a fingerprint card completed for employment or licensing, please contact MorphoTrust USA. They have several locations around the Houston area. You can visit their website or view the flyer provided below.
Home InspectionsOfficer Davis with the Southside Place Police Department is trained and certified to conduct home inspections. Please contact the Southside Place Police Department to request an appointment.
Contact Officer Davis
Contact Detective McCoy